Friday, October 24, 2008

Once Upon a Time in the Not-So-Distant Past

It all began one night as I was desperately searching for a fabric store open after 6 P.M. "Don't these people know some of us have to work?" I was on the hunt for a hemstitched receiving blanket and burp cloth set to crochet for my friend who was minutes away from having a baby. As usual I had procrastinated until the last minute and now there was a major sense of urgency. It was 6:52 P.M when I came across the one and only fabric store in the valley open until 7 P.M. Yes! They have blanket sets! Oh, but they aren't cute. I was sorely disappointed in my options, but I was desperate, so I bought what they had.

This scenario had happened to me more than once and I was tired of it. It was that night when I decided to take action. Hey, I know a cute fabric when I see it, and I can certainly put two coordinating fabrics together. Why not hemstitch them myself and while I'm at it, I'll offer my service to the rest of the world. With a lot of luck (having a dear friend who actually owns a hemstitch machine, circa 1932), a little time and plenty of effort, By-Low Baby was born.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah! Ms. By-low Baby is just the wonderful and motivated person this Diva machine needed to launch full board into this red-carpet world of beautiful blankets!

Way to go! We're so proud of you (all of the other cute blanket-loving moms and gift givers)