Sunday, October 26, 2008

Little Diva


Let me introduce you to my good friend, Singer 72w19. This, my friends, is no ordinary sewing machine. It's a hemstitch machine. Don't let her beauty and grace fool you. This little hummer is a DIVA! I learned early on that in order for the Singer to function properly, it needed to be treated like a lady. Give her lots of love and move at a moderate pace and every one's happy. Try to get tricky and this girl will turn on you. Tonight was one of those nights. As I was stitching some of my blankets to put on my Etsy site, this beast wanted none of it - coming unthreaded every five inches, running out of bobbin thread - TWICE - the wheel didn't want to turn, the bobbin didn't want to wind. Sheesh, where is the love? We were getting along so well. I cleaned out the flannel fuzz and doused in her oil. What more could she want? I finally had to put myself in time-out before things got nasty.



I was still able to crank out some new blanket sets. I love these fabrics. I wish I was a baby being wrapped up in the softest flannel ever, and too cute to boot!

1 comment:

Gold-E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.